StainAlive™ Stemgent® StainAlive™ TRA-1-60 Antibody (DyLight™ 488), Mouse anti-Human
|Add To Cart||
The TRA-1-60 antibody reacts with a pluripotent, stem cell specific antigen expressed on undifferentiated human embryonic stem (ES) cells, embryonal carcinoma (EC) cells, and embryonic germ (EG) cells. The expression of TRA-1-60 on human ES cells is down-regulated upon differentiation. The TRA-1-60 antibody recognizes a neuraminidase-resistant carbohydrate epitope expressed on podocalyxin, a member of the CD34-related family of sialomucins. Podocalyxin is a transmembrane glycoprotein, which has been implicated in the development of aggressiveness in a variety of cancers, including breast and prostate cancer.
This antibody is ideal for live-staining cells, because it has been specifically formulated with low endotoxin and no sodium azide. This allows in-process monitoring of reprogramming experiments without sacrificing cells. ES cell morphology, proliferation, and expression of pluripotency markers does not change after staining with StainAlive TRA-1-60 antibody.
Mouse IgM, κ
Human embryonal carcinoma (EC) cell line 2102Ep
This antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with DyLight 488 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated dye and unlabeled antibody. 0.2 μm filter sterilized. Formulation is free from bacteria, fungi, mycoplasma, and mouse virus.
Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative
Storage and Stability
Store at 4°C protected from light. Do not freeze. Handle under aseptic conditions. Stable for 6 months from date of receipt when stored as directed.
Tested by immunocytochemistry to ensure product quality.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 EU/μg (0.01 ng/μg) of the protein as determined by the LAL assay.
The suggested use of this antibody is a 1:100 dilution for immunocytochemistry. For an application specific protocol, please reference Protocol: Immunocytochemistry of Live Cells online at www.stemgent.com/support/protocols.
- Takahashi, K., Tanabe K., Ohnuki, M., Narita, M., Ichisaka T., Tomoda K. and Yamanaka, S. (2007) Induction of pluripotent stem cells from adult human fibroblasts by defined factors. Cell 131: 861-872.
- Yu, J., Vodyanik, M.A., Smuga-Otto, K., Antosiewicz-Bourget, J., Frane, J.L., Tian, S., Nie, J., Jonsdottir, G.A., Ruotti, V., Stewart, R., Slukvin, I.I., and Thomson, J.A. (2007) Induced pluripotent stem cell lines derived from human somatic cells. Science 318: 1917-1920.
- Schopperle, W.M., and DeWolf, W.C. (2007) The TRA-1-60 and TRA-1-81 human pluripotent stem cell markers are expressed on podocalyxin in embryonal carcinoma. Stem Cells 25: 723-730.
- Chin, A.C., Fong, W.J., Goh, L.T., Philp, R., Oh, S.K., and Choo, A.B. (2007) Identification of proteins from feeder conditioned medium that support human embryonic stem cells. J Biotechnol. 130: 320-328.
- Badcock, G., Pigott, C., Goepel, J., and Andrews, P.W. (1999) The human embryonal carcinoma marker antigen TRA-1-60 is a sialylated keratan sulfate proteoglycan. Cancer Res. 59: 4715-4719.
- Andrews, P.W., Banting, G., Damjanov, I., Arnaud, D., and Avner, P. (1984) Three monoclonal antibodies defining distinct differentiation antigens associated with different high molecular weight polypeptides on the surface of human embryonal carcinoma cells. Hybridoma 3: 347-361.
- Sridhar A; Ohlemacher SK; Langer KB; Meyer JS. "Robust differentiation of mRNA-reprogrammed human induced pluripotent stem cells toard a retinal lineage." Stem Cell Translational Medicine 5:10 (2016)
- Ohlemacher SK; Sridhar A; Xiao Y; Hochstetler AE; Sarfarazi M; Cummins TR; Meyer JS. "Stepwise differentiation of retinal ganglion cells from human pluripotent stem cells enables analysis of glaucomatous neurodegeneration." Stem Cells doi: 10.1002/stem.2356 (2016)
- Poleganov MA; Eminli S; Beissert T; Herz S; Moon J-I; Goldmann J; Beyer A; Heck R; Burkhart I; Roldan DB; Tureci O; Yi K; Hamilton B; Sahin U. "Efficient reprogramming of human fibroblasts and blood-derived endothelial progenitor cells using nonmodified RNA for reprogramming and immune evasion." Human Gene Therapy 26:751 (2015)
- Briggs SF; Dominguez AA; Chavez SL; Reijo Pera RA. "XIST in human preimplantation embryos and iPSCs." Stem Cells 33:1771 (2015)
- Wang J; Huang V; Ye L; Barcena A; Lin G; Lue TF; Li L-C. "Identification of small activating RNAs that enhance endogenous OCT4 expression in human mesenchymal stem cells." Stem Cells Develop 24:345 (2015)
- Haraguchi Y; Matsuura K; Shimizu T; Yamato M; Okano T. "Simple suspension culture system of human iPS cells maintianting the pluripotency for cardiac cell sheet engineering." J Tissue Eng Regen Medicine 9:1363 (2015)
- Rajasingh S; Thangavel J; Czirok A; Samanta S. "Generation of functional cardiomyocytes from efficiently generated human iPSCs and a novel method for measuring contractility." PLoS one (2015)
- Tan H-K; Toh C-XDl Ma D; Yang B; Liu TM; Lu J; Wong C-W; Tan T-K; Li H; SYn C; Tan E-L; Lim B; Lim Y-P; Cook SA; Loh Y-H. "Human finger-prick induced pluripotent stem cells facilitate the development of stem cell banking." Stem Cells Trans Medicine 3:586 (2014)
Customers Also Purchased
Stemgent Comments and Reviews (0)
No comments or reviews yet. Be the first to leave a review.