mRNA Reprogramming Kit
|Add To Cart||
Custom reprogramming services available. Learn more.
This product will soon be discontinued.
We recommend the StemRNA™-NM Reprogramming Kit (00-0076) as a replacement.
The Stemgent mRNA Reprogramming Kit, in combination with the microRNA Booster Kit (00-0073), is the fastest, safest, and most efficient method for generating integration-free, virus-free, clinically relevant human iPS cells. Generate iPS cells in less than 16 days and expand new lines in culture in as little as 3 weeks as compared to lentivirus, Sendai virus, and other methods, that can take over 20 weeks to confirm that viral remnants no longer remain. This system completely eliminates the concern of virus bio-containment and safety issues.
Fully tested and validated, the Stemgent mRNA Reprogramming Kit includes five mRNA reprogramming factors, a nuclear GF P marker for monitoring transfection efficiency, the Stemgent Pluriton™ Reprogramming Medium, B18R protein, and a reproducible, optimized protocol. This kit has been validated to successfully reprogram human BJ fibroblasts as a control cell line. The Stemgent mRNA Reprogramming Kit enables researchers greater ease-of-use with the ability to simply regulate the timing of protein expression levels and have stoichiometric control of individual reprogramming factors.
- Non-integrating — no risk of genomic integration
- Faster reprogramming, colonies can emerge appear in as early as 12 days
- Stoichiometric control of individual reprogramming factors
- Eliminates need for multi-step passaging and screening of colonies
- Validated protocol using normal and diseased cells
- Hands-on training and on-site support also available
- 2 vials - Stemgent Oct4 mRNA, Human (Cat. No. 05-0014), 20µg
- 1 vial - Stemgent Klf4 mRNA, Human (Cat. No. 05-0015), 20µg
- 1 vial - Stemgent Sox2, Human(Cat. No. 05-0016), 20µg
- 1 vial - Stemgent Lin28 mRNA, Human(Cat. No. 05-0017), 20µg
- 1 vial - Stemgent c-Myc mRNA, Human(Cat. No. 05-0018), 20µg
- 1 vial - Stemgent nGFP mRNA (Cat. No. 05-0019), 20µg
- B18R Recombinant Protein, Carrier-Free (Cat. No. 03-0017), 50µg
- 0.2 ml of Pluriton™ Supplement 2500X (Cat. No. 01-0016)
- 500 ml of Pluriton™ Medium (Cat. No. 01-0015)
Storage and Stability
- Store the box (Part 1 of 2) containing the 7 vials of mRNA, the 1 vial of B18R, and the 1 vial of Pluriton Supplement at or below -70°C.
- Store the bottle (Part 2 of 2) of Pluriton Medium at -20°C.
- All kit components are stable for a minimum of 3 months from date of receipt, when stored as directed.
The Stemgent mRNA Reprogramming Kit is functionally tested for successful mRNA-based reprogramming of BJ human fibroblasts. Complete reprogramming of iPS cell colonies is confirmed by continued expression of pluripotency markers and expansion of primary iPS colonies into stable lines. All components are sterile and have tested negative for mycoplasma.
Refer to the Stemgent Protocol “Reprogramming Human Fibroblasts using the Stemgent mRNA Reprogramming Kit” for detailed instructions on material handling and productive use of the Stemgent mRNA Reprogramming Kit.
- Stemgent Oct4 mRNA, Human (Cat. No. 05-0014)
- Stemgent Klf4 mRNA, Human (Cat. No. 05-0015)
- Stemgent Sox2 mRNA, Human(Cat. No. 05-0016)
- Stemgent Lin-28 mRNA, Human(Cat. No. 05-0017)
- Stemgent c-Myc mRNA, Human(Cat. No. 05-0018)
- Stemgent nGFP mRNA (Cat. No. 05-0019)
- Stemedia™ NutriStem™ XF/FF Culture Medium (Cat. No. 01-0005)
- Stemolecule™ Y27632 (Cat. No. 04-0012)
- Stemfactor™ Fibroblast Growth Factor-basic (Human Recombinant) (Cat. No. 03-0002)
Safety Data Sheets
- 03-0017 Safety Data Sheet
- 00-0071 Safety Data Sheet
- 01-0015 Safety Data Sheet
- 05-XXXX mRNA Safety Data Sheet
- 01-0016 Safety Data Sheet
- Generation of Safe, Integration-free Human Induced Pluripotent Stem (iPS) Cells using the mRNA Reprogramming System
- Scientific Poster: mRNA Reprogramming SLAS 2011
- FAQs: mRNA Reprogramming
- Limited Use License MIT
- Limited Use License iPS Academia Japan
- microRNA Booster Kit (00-0073)
- RNA Transfection Kit (00-0069)
- mRNA Reprogramming Factors Set: hOKSML (00-0067)
- NuFF-RQ™ IRR (GSC3002G)
- FGF-basic, Human Recombinant (03-0002)
- hPSC XF Medium for Human iPS and ES Cells (01-0005)
- Stemgent® StainAlive™ TRA-1-60 Antibody (DyLight™ 488), Mouse anti-Human (09-0068)
- Stemgent® StainAlive™ TRA-1-81 Antibody (DyLight™ 488), Mouse anti-Human (09-0069)
- Stemgent® TRA-1-81 Antibody (Purified), Mouse anti-Human (09-0011)
- Stemgent® TRA-1-60 Antibody (Purified), Mouse anti-Human (09-0010)
- Stemgent® Nanog Antibody (Affinity Purified), Rabbit anti-Mouse/Human (09-0020)
- Stemgent® Oct4 Antibody (Affinity Purified), Rabbit anti-Mouse/Human (09-0023)
- Stemgent® SSEA-4 Antibody (Purified), Mouse anti-Human (09-0006)
- StemRNA™-SR Reprogramming Kit (00-0075)
- Pankaj K Mandal and Derrick J Rossi. (2013) Reprogramming human fibroblasts to pluripotency using modified mRNA. Nature Protocols, 8: 568 – 582.
- Angel, M., and Yanik, M.F. (2010) Innate immune suppression enables frequent transfection with RNA encoding reprogramming proteins. PLoS One 5: e11756.
- Warren, L., Manos, P.D., Ahfeldt, T., Loh, Y.H., Li, H., Lau, F., Ebina, W., Mandal, P.K., Smith, Z.D., Meissner, A., Daley, D.Q., Brack, A.S., Collins, J.J., Cowan, C., Schlaeger, T.M., and Rossi, D.J. (2010) Highly efficient reprogramming to pluripotency and directed differentiation of human cells with synthetic modified mRNA. Cell Stem Cell 7: 618-630.
- Yakubov, E., Rechavi, G., Rozenblatt, S., and Givol, D. (2010) Reprogramming of human fibroblasts to pluripotent stem cells using mRNA of four transcription factors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 394: 189-193.
- Burnett LC; LeDuc CA; Sulsona CR; Paull D; Eddira S; Levy B; Salles JP; Tauber M; Driscoll DJ; Egli D; Leibel RL. "Induced pluripotent cells (iPSC) created from skin fibroblasta of patients with Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) retain the molecular signature of PWS." Stem Cell Res (2016), doi: 10.1016/j.scr.2016.08.008
- Desmarais JA; Unger C; Damjanov I; Meuth M; Andrews P. "Apoptosis and failure of checkpoint kinase 1 activation in human induced pluripotent stem cells under replication stress." Stem Cell Res Ther 7:17 (2016)
- Sridhar A; Ohlemacher SK; Langer KB; Meyer JS. "Robust differentiation of mRNA-reprogrammed human induced pluripotent stem cells toard a retinal lineage." Stem Cell Translational Medicine 5:10 (2016)
- Bhutani K; Nazor KL; Williams R; Tran H; Dai H; Dzakula ZZ; Cho EH; Pang AWC; Roa M; Cao H; Schorck NJ; Loring JF. "Whole-genome mutational burden analysis of three pluripotency induction methods." Nature Commun 7:10536 (2016)
- Ohlemacher SK; Sridhar A; Xiao Y; Hochstetler AE; Sarfarazi M; Cummins TR; Meyer JS. "Stepwise differentiation of retinal ganglion cells from human pluripotent stem cells enables analysis of glaucomatous neurodegeneration." Stem Cells doi: 10.1002/stem.2356 (2016)
- Paull D; Sevilla A; Zhou H; Hahn AK; Kim H; Napolitano C; Tsankov A; Shang L; Krumholz K; Jagaseesan P; Woodard CM; Sun B; Vilboux T; Zimmer M; Forero E; Moroziewicz DN; Martinez H; Malicdan MCV; Weiss KA; Vensand LB; Dusenberry CR; Polus H; Sy KTL; Kahler DJ; Gahl WA; Solomon SL; Chang S; Meissner A; Eggan K; Noggle SA. "Automated, high-throughput derivation, characterization and differentiation of induced pluripotent stem cells." Naure Methods 12:885 (2015)
- Briggs SF; Dominguez AA; Chavez SL; Reijo Pera RA. "XIST in human preimplantation embryos and iPSCs." Stem Cells 33:1771 (2015)
- Rajasingh S; Thangavel J; Czirok A; Samanta S. "Generation of functional cardiomyocytes from efficiently generated human iPSCs and a novel method for measuring contractility." PLoS one (2015)
- Josowitz R, Lu J, Falce C, D’Souza SL, Wu M, Cohen N, Dubois NC; Zhao Y; Sobie EA; Fishman GI; Gelb BD. Identification and purification of human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived atrial-like cardiomyocytes based on sarcolipin expression. PLoS ONE 9(7): e101316 (2014)
Customers Also Purchased
Stemgent Comments and Reviews (0)
No comments or reviews yet. Be the first to leave a review.