Reinnervate Alvetex® 3D Scaffolds
|Add To Cart||
Alvetex® is a highly porous polystyrene scaffold designed for 3D cell culture.
Cells grown in Alvetex possess a natural tissue-like structure that enables them to function in a more physiologically relevant manner. Alvetex 3D cell culture enables cells maintain their in vivo morphology, behavior and responsiveness within an in vitro model system.
Alvetex® is a unique cellular environment
Manufactured to the highest standards of consistency each disc is engineered to a thickness of just 200 microns with pore sizes of 36-40 microns. No cell is ever further than 100 microns from the nutrient source enabling easily exchange of nutrients, gases and waste products by passive diffusion across short distances.
Say goodbye to risks of foreign unknown materials such as proteins or cytokines of animal origin – unlike conventional materials used in cell culture Alvetex is made from polystyrene and is completely inert.
Alvetex has been designed for simple and routine use. It uses conventional cell culture plasticware. Therefore any cell biologist can get into Alvetex 3D cell culture.
- No specialist equipment is required
- No changes to media and optimized cell feeding protocols
- Compatible with the majority of down stream analytical techniques.
Maintain natural cell shape and morphology
In conventional 2D cell culture, cells come into contact with the flat surface of the culture vessel (e.g. Petri dish, flask or multi-well plate). In this unnatural environment cells become flattened against the substrate. In this abnormally thin structure there has been significant re-modelling of the internal cellular components. The entire cytoskeleton is re-modelled and organelles such as the nucleus are flattened.
Available in varying formats and sizes
Storage and Stability
Store at room temperature, there is no expiry or shelf life for Alvetex Scaffold. The plate or inserts are sterile and ready for use as long as the packaging seal remains intact.
- Sterilized by gamma irradiation and remain sterile until the blister packs are opened.
Note to Purchaser
This product is for research use only, not for therapeutic or diagnostic purposes. It is not allowed to sell this product to a third party or use it for commercial purposes without permission from ReproCELL or Reinnervate.
- Smith I; Silverinha V; Stein JL; de la Torre-Ubieta L; Farrimond JA; Williamson EM; Whalley BJ. "Human neural stem cell-derived cultures in three-dimensonal substates form spontaneously functional neural networks." J Tissue Eng Regen Med doi: 10.1002/term.2001 (2015)
- Hill DS; Robinson NDP; Caley MP; Chen M; O'Toole EA; Armstrong JL; Przyborski S; Lovat PE. "A novel fully humanized 3D skin equivalent to model early melanoma invasion ." Mol Cancer Ther 14:2665 (2015)
Stemgent Comments and Reviews (0)
No comments or reviews yet. Be the first to leave a review.